SLS – Slinger Signaller/Rigger Signal Person
• Apply signalling language and techniques during lifting and handling operations of loads;
• Engage and disengage loads to and from the hoisting attachment of the crane;
• Initiate and direct the safe movement of the crane, including limited and blind lifts;
• Identify their role and responsibility during lifting;
• Carry out pre and post visual inspection of load lifting accessories;
• Handle the accessories used for lifting;
• Ensure safe lifting and placement of the load;
• Know how to secure various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size;
• Perform routine generic lifting routine according to the lifting plan;
• Comply with the employer's established lifting instructions/procedures;
• Ensure equipment is properly used, maintained and report any non equipment non-compliance.
16h (total duration) Weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00. Stop for lunch from 13:00 to 14:00
Minimum - 4 participants | Maximum - 12 participants
Technicians in the wind energy industry who have to carry out safe lifting and handling work based on a lifting plan and associated risks. Other technical personnel who, in the course of their professional duties, are exposed to the hazards associated with lifting and handling loads.
• Aged 18 or over.
• 9th year of schooling.
• Physical fitness and absence of medical conditions that would prevent the training from taking place.
GRWind Academy – Rua do Bairro, 227, 4485-506, VCD, Portugal
Not included (suggestions of different accommodation units available).
All training includes water, tea and coffee for the duration of the course.
* Under Consultation;
- Special conditions for groups and companies;
- GWO WINDA registration fee included.
- Upon successful completion of the training, an internationally recognised certificate valid for 24 months will be issued.