GWO Blade Repair
Customizing dates available upon request. For further information, please contact us.
• Demonstrate knowledge of course content and facilities used, ensuring understanding of final course objectives;
• Demonstrate the ability to work safely with applicable equipment and chemicals using appropriate PPE in a controlled manner during all phases of inspection and repair of composite materials;
• Explain the types of production of composite materials and structures and the importance of finishing in relation to the aerodynamic performance of the blades;
• Distinguish and work safely with epoxy, polyester, polyurethanes, vinyl ester, methacrylate resins, reinforcing materials and solvents used in the inspection and repair of wind turbine blades;
• Properly prepare, operate and maintain equipment and tools, whether mechanical or electrical;
• Demonstrate the ability to safely perform and document repairs to laminated, sandwich and cosmetic structures in accordance with a work instruction.
80h (theoretical and practical);
Training takes place over a period of ten days from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm.
The training will be concluded with a theoretical-practical evaluation.
Minimum - 4 participants | Maximum - 8 participants
Training for all those professionally involved in wind turbine maintenance which have to carry out inspection and repair of rotor blades.
Senior technical staff responsible for the management of rotor blade inspection and repair teams/departments.
• Age 18 years and over;
• Physical and mental robustness;
• Knowledge of English - Level A2 or higher;
• Laptop is advisable.
GR ACADEMY Facilities - Aveleda, Portugal.
On site – subject to evaluation and approval.
Not included (suggestions for different accommodation units available).
All trainings include water, tea and coffee for the duration of the course.
* On request;
• Special conditions for groups and companies;
• Upon successful completion of the training, an internationally recognized certificate will be issued.